As a website owner, you may want to track specific metrics and data points that are important to your business. Fortunately, Matomo Analytics (formerly known as Piwik) allows you to create custom reports so you can get a deeper understanding of your website’s performance. In this article, we’ll explain how to create custom reports in Matomo Analytics.
Creating custom reports in Matomo Analytics is simple and straightforward. Here’s how you can do it:
- Log in to your Matomo Analytics account and go to the “Reports” tab.
- Click on the “Custom Reports” subtab.
- Click on the “Create a custom report” button.
- Give your report a name and select the website you want to create the report for.
- Select the metrics you want to include in your report. Matomo Analytics offers a wide range of metrics, including page views, unique visitors, conversion rate, and more.
- Choose the date range for your report. You can select a predefined date range, such as the last 30 days, or specify a custom date range.
- (Optional) You can also specify segments for your report. Segments allow you to filter your data by certain criteria, such as the location or the type of device used by your visitors.
- Click on the “Create” button to create your custom report.
Once your custom report is created, you can access it from the “Custom Reports” tab. You can also schedule your report to be emailed to you on a regular basis, or export it to a CSV or PDF file.
Custom reports are a powerful tool that can help you get a better understanding of your website’s performance and identify areas for improvement. By creating custom reports in Matomo Analytics, you can track the metrics that matter most to your business and make informed decisions based on data-driven insights.