Setting up goal tracking in Matomo Analytics is a useful way to measure the success of your website and identify areas for improvement. With goal tracking, you can track specific actions that users take on your site, such as making a purchase or filling out a form. This allows you to understand which pages and content are most effective at driving conversions, and make data-driven decisions to optimize your website for better results.
To set up goal tracking in Matomo, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Matomo dashboard and click on the “Goals” tab in the left menu.
- Click on the “Add new goal” button to create a new goal.
- Give your goal a descriptive name and select the type of goal you want to track. There are several types of goals available, including “Page URL”, “Page Title”, “Event”, and “Download”.
- Depending on the type of goal you selected, you will need to provide different information. For example, if you selected “Page URL” as the goal type, you will need to enter the URL of the page you want to track as the goal. If you selected “Event” as the goal type, you will need to provide the event category, action, and name that you want to track.
- Optionally, you can set a monetary value for your goal. This allows you to track the financial value of each conversion.
- Save your changes to create your new goal.
Once you have set up your goals, Matomo will begin tracking them and you will be able to see the results in your dashboard. You can view the number of conversions, the conversion rate, and the revenue generated by each goal. You can also segment your goal data by different dimensions, such as location, device, or referral source, to get a more detailed understanding of your website’s performance.
In addition to tracking specific goals, Matomo also allows you to set up funnels to see how users progress through your website towards a goal. For example, you can set up a funnel to track the steps a user takes to make a purchase on your site, such as viewing the product page, adding the product to the cart, and completing the checkout process. This can help you identify any bottlenecks or drop-off points in your conversion process, and take action to optimize your website for better results.
Overall, goal tracking is a powerful feature in Matomo Analytics that can help you measure the effectiveness of your website and identify opportunities for improvement. By setting up goals and tracking your conversion data, you can gain valuable insights into your website’s performance and make data-driven decisions to drive better results.